Monday, May 6, 2013

Affirmative Action

I believe that affirmative action is one of the most controversial subject's in American politics. In my opinion affirmative action is moral and I believe that it has its place in our society but affirmative action does do some unintentional harm. A black man and a white man could be applying to a college or for a job and have the same qualifications, who does the employer choose? If it was me I would choose who I felt fit the place better. Things begin to get dicey when people who are affected on the opposite end of affirmative action. When someone is trying to get a job and is passed over for someone who is less qualified because of affirmative action, I can understand their anger, but people have to realize where people who benefit from affirmative action have come from. For years African Americans and other minorities where getting nowhere in the work place because people wouldn't give them the opportunity to prove themselves. This also applied to these groups trying to get into colleges. Back in the day affirmative action defiantly had its place, and even though it should still be around I think that we must tinker with it a little. There will always be racists out there so we need affirmative action out there to help protect those who need protection from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment